Monday, September 5, 2011

Fresno Drift Part II: Hot & Humid Sideways Fun!

The Central valley city that is Fresno lies within the heart of California's rich and vast farmland area which is billed as "one of the world's most productive agricultural regions." So, what the heck does this have to do with drifting?  Absolutely nothing! 

EXCEPT for the fact that there was a drift event this past August 27th at the Fresno Fairgrounds again! WOO-HA! Got y'all in drift.

Hearing that this could be the last drift event of the year in Fresno, I figured I'd join in on the fun and make the 3 hour trek up north to get more sideways nasty and smoke some tires too.

Smokey, smokey, smokey






The new diff configuration (discussed in another post) worked very well as it was locking smooth and the drifts were nice and smokey as you can see from the pic above.



- Sideways Nasty-






Those poor 205/40/17s I was running in the morning session just had no chance as I was able to spin them at will and mercilessly produce smoke at full-throttle. I pretty much wore them down to the metal wires and decided to put them to rest at the skidpad as I popped them.  Thank you 205 Federal 595s- you served me well. 

More smoke, less tires!







The weather was probably 90degrees+ with the humidity turned up plus the track temp must have been hovering around near over 100degrees+ to top it off!  BUT the drifters and I still went out there to slide it all out, some with sweaty shirts and others just shirtless.  Above all, I had a great time hanging it out with the Fresno drifters- YOU GUYS ROCK!

Here's a vid a guy shot from that day:  Fresno Drift Vid


***SPECIAL thanks to Chonh Lee for the AWESOME pictures!***

Great Pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment