Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Rhyme and the Reason: 2011 Season Review Part I

RETROSPECT is a b*tch.  That being said, my 2011 Autocross season started out great but then ended not as how I intended.

And most of the blame has to be put on ME unfortunately.

The first half of the season was going good: I had posted 6 wins from January to July and the car was running good, setup was there. But then things started going south in August.  

I had started thinking sometime in June-July that maybe I should make a change to my car that would make it more faster than it was already because I was only winning by a few tenths to a near second over my nearest competitors.

Figured that if I do that, I would be able to separate myself from the rest of the pack and gain a bigger lead in the points standings.  BUT that didn't work out as I had planned...  The thing I wanted to change on my car was: Alignment.

Alignment can either help or hinder a car and in my case, it was helping me from January to July.  But before August, I read a few articles, threads, etc online SO an idea was planted in my head to try something different with the settings and see if that would make the car faster.

All I can say is: DAMN YOU INCEPTION!  Wonder if they could have done a mind-dive to take out that idea that had taken root in my head...

-
-Damn Inception: WHY MUST YOU ANTI-G FIGHT ME!!! Fight was pretty cool though...-


PART 2 of the season review to follow shortly...










No comments:

Post a Comment