Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fresno Drift! (I fought the fence and the fence won)

Been a few weeks since my last driving event and what better to do than drift??? 

So on May 21st, I was up in Fresno sliding it out there with Fresno's drifters who were very nice and good at drifting too.

I had missed the first part of the event because I was attending my good buddy's graduation (Congrats Eric!!!) so, I made it just in time for the last few hours and made the most of it as I got in some good runs. Before that however, I had a nice run-in with the fence post at the entrance of the venue and let's just say that the post won...the damage wasn't enough to keep me from running (as it was dented on the passenger side quarter-panel) though. I felt like a putz but later joked around about it saying: "Hey, it's drift damage!" =P


Yeah, that's what you get when you rush...

The pic below is of my good friend Dante's S13 coupe. He's the "Drift Events Chairman" in Fresno as he organized, put on the event on, and was able to get in some runs as you can see.  Plus, I helped setup his S13 coupe's suspension along with swapping in the nice Dual-Cam KA it now is powered by *wink wink*.  His drifting has vastly improved from when he first started and I am honored that I have been able to help set up his car as it now "does whatever he wants" when he wants it when drifting or autocrossing. Brings a tear to the eye and makes me a proud tuner. =)

Anyways, I had a fun time up there and look forward to drifting with the Fresno Drifters again sooner or later!


Dante gettin' er sideways

No comments:

Post a Comment