Wednesday, July 4, 2012

AutoX Super Regional June 2012: Blown.

I'll skip the first day and go to the 2nd day which was more interesting: 

The 2nd day started off good. got my course walk in, felt good that I could win the whole 2-day event after sitting in 2nd place after the 1st day. I had turned up the boost in my car by about 1-1.5psi (from a base of 6-7psi, so 8psi total after change) because it was suggested by my "AutoX Sensei" to do so.

As I strapped into my car, put my helmet on, and sat and waited for my turn to come up to the the line for my first run, my thought was: "I'm gonna blitz this course and run f*ckin' faster than anyone today..."

And then the first run came....car was flying through the corners...felt in good rhythm with the course and my car....and then the run was over.

And so was the engine.  


- Puff of oil smoke: Foreshadowing of destruction to come -

After I crossed the line and got my time slip, I started smelling oil and then came the billowing bluish-white smoke out of the back of my car.  It was at that point that in my mind I thought: "OH CRAP."  I drove back to my pit spot where I was greeted by a bunch of my fellow competitors asking: "What happened???" and "I saw the smoke, is your car OK?" 

The writing was on the wall at this point: My car's engine was done and I was basically done for that weekend.  My former co-driver had the big heart to let me drive his S2000 (thanks SO MUCH Mike!) for my last 2 runs but at that point, my mind was elsewhere and not thinking about racing at all.

Final result was 4th place, small consolation for my efforts that weekend but I'll take it. 

More stuff to follow...



- She'll be back...-













No comments:

Post a Comment