Monday, July 25, 2011

July 24th AutoX: Pulling times out of nowhere (like my arse)

My former co-driver came up to me and said during our championship runs:

"Jon, I have this feeling you're gonna do the same thing you did at divisionals...."

And he was right.

There I was, behind the eight-ball and trailing in top time of class by a mere few tenths. I knew I had to nail my final run to beat my former co-driver and that is what I did; I was locked, loaded and focused and dropped my time from 70.604 to 69.614 on my fourth and final run- A WHOLE SECOND!  As my buddy Mike E. (who was there helping me with shock dampening setup) said: "Who the HELL drops and finds one second from one run to the next like that?!!!"

Apparently I do.

I won by 0.360 tenths. Take a look at this link for final results:  July 24th Championship

It's good to win but when it's that close, things are a lil too tight and uncomfortable, like a wedgie creeping up your butt.  Something must be done to spread the gap again between me and my competition. Muuhahaha... *wink wink*

FR Driving: Rear-end sliding out just a bit, trying to get the power down!





No comments:

Post a Comment